Major Spoilers Forum
July 28, 2014, 07:34:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 37- Attack on West Wellington!  (Read 31978 times)
Navarre
Guest
« on: August 29, 2010, 02:30:42 PM »

The Shadow War

Chapter 37
Attack on West Wellington!


T'Ning, as you enter the southern staging area you find all your party here, except for Bedlor. In fact, besides him, all the contestants from the Tournament of Champions have been gathered.

It has been only a couple of days since you have seen such people as Sir Remington Pembrooke or Danyel of the Green Lotus but they are here. In a capital city this size, overpopulated with the festival, it is not surprising your paths may not have crossed.

Then again, you might have had a better chance to encounter them if you hadn't been spent most of your hours in musty archives, hidden mansions, and long forgotten caverns. You find yourself smiling just a bit at that thought, and all the adventures that have brought it about.

Sir Pembrooke looks as you remember him. Not really qualifying as average-looking, even for a human, the man is immaculately shaved and carries himself with well-mannered dignity. He is straightening his deep purple tunic and polishing one spot from his purple shield adorned with the white rose covered gate. He nods to you politely as you enter.

Danyel too smiles at you. You see that her head is still as cleanly shaved as Sir Pembrooke's chin. It suddenly strikes you that your hair must be growing out at this point, something the Temple of the Lone Pine would never have allowed.

Jackson pushes respectfully past Guardsmen Vaughn and Perry to run up to Drade.

"The entire city's out there, Drade, and then some! I didn't know there were this many people in all of Morganshire!", he says excitedly.

Over near one corner, Vinnrog and Umbridge must be having a stare-down contest. They are both just standing, staring at each other as if the loser would suffer a fatal heart attack. It had seemed a few days ago that the Umbridges had left the city after Robert's loss. But perhaps they went home temporarily. Either way, they are here now.

As you look toward Liv, standing near Donovan, you see Serena near the door to the arena. She is leaning seductively against one wall with her forearm, her other akimbo on her hip. Her shiny red backless blouse over a black leather mini-skirt and black sheer hose and knee-high leather boots catches your attention to be sure. But it is the peach she is eating that demands your notice.

She takes a long slow bite of it before she sees you. She lips her luscious full lips and and then purses them into a little kiss in your direction.

Just next to her is Ensydious. You haven't forgotten him either, not by a long shot.

He has his back to her, looking through the chain link at the arena. Beyond him, you see a stage has been set up in the arena, some hundred feet long as near as you can guess and about four feet high. Soon you will find yourself there.

He turns toward the sound of Jackson's voice and immediately affixes his eyes on you from behind his stark mask.

... But, you broke his mask. You happily remember the feel of it crunching beneath your feet. Yet, a mask covers his face nonetheless, appearing just as before. ... Would he have been traveling with a spare?

Jackson looks around.

"Where's Bedlor? We're starting any minute."

As Drade shrugs, you see Faerun enter. He has refolded his custom outfit made by Teresa Sutton. The young gnome puts you to shame, as his silver regalia shimmers in the light. With his cuffed gloves and silvery cape with its cowl framing his head, the man could be the King's Royal Advisor himself for all a stranger could tell. But then, this is Faerun's big moment as the Champion of Light. It is well earned, you know.

The award ceremony will start soon.
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 02:57:01 PM »

I look around for Sir Victor Storme and any of the City Guard that we are on good terms with.
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 03:01:05 PM »

You see Major Storme coming down the southern tunnel. No doubt he has been attending the Pontiff. Guardsmen Vaughn and Parry are here. You have always found both to be very professional and cordial and have had a few positive encounters with Tane Perry.

You hear the door open again behind you. You see Bedlor enter with Chaser; Amok in his sling.

Behind him is Sir Peter Carrigan, wearing the most amazing suit of armor you could have imagined...No, honestly, the armor is beyond your imagination.

Elder Sister Daphne looks at him curiously as the non-contestant enter. Major Stomre cocks an eyebrow and keeps his eyes fixed on Carrigan.

You have only a few minutes before the ceremony.
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »

Bedlor walks up to his homies

"'Ere we be. Did we be makin' it in time? What o' the firecrackers? An' was Heather warned do ye know? Oi, I thought only Faerun be gettin' an award 'ere. Are we to be gettin' somethin' nice?

AN' 'ow 'bout that Carrigan, eh? A fine sight that be bein' I'll say."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 03:13:20 PM »

"Sorry, Bedlam, didn't think to warn Heather specificly, but I'm sure Abby heard me talking to Drade and Little Dumbass." {Naturally I make sure Coby's not in earshot for that; if he is I just say "Coby" instead of course} "She would have told Heather."

"Carrigan looks... impressive! Did he bring Valor?"

"I need a word with Storme and one of the guard... hmm."


I try to catch the attention of Storme and, for thoroughness, both Vaughn and Perry, and if I see Samm around, him too. {Is he still City Guard, or did he quit to do the armory thing with Abby?}
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »

"Aye, good 'nough. Thank ye. I not be wantin' to see any 'arm come to 'er.

I think 'e brought the weapon with 'im, aye. Not sure'n o' the weapon' feelin's on it. But I'd be bettin' ye could be askin' it yerself, eh.

Oi, there not be much time fer words an' there be bein' plenty o' ears 'round."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »

{Bedlor missed that Valor wouldn't let him bring it?}

"Yeah, it won't take long, but it's important. Odren's volunteered to help if anything happens, and I want to make sure nobody sees a Vaadjori casting a spell and gets the wrong idea."

"Faer... Serena's eating a peach again... starting to wonder if maybe Serena's dead and that's another Kaazradi doing Ulterior Self or whatever it was called. Any magic you can do to find out? Would that Ulterior Self also cover her little snake? Maybe that'd be a way to tell, if she doesn't have the snake?"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:11:24 PM by sab39 » Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »

T'Ning, with the unexpected and impressive arrival of Sir Carrigan, all eyes are in your direction. It is not at all difficult to get Major Storme's attention nor Officers Vaughn and Perry if you wish.

Thinking on Samm, he never said he was quiting the City Guard although he had discussed giving up any danger to be with Abby. But when you saw him at the inn he was dressed for duty so must at least be a current member of the city watch.

Bedlor, you feel your feet leave the floor as you are grabbed from behind. Your hand, though pinned, goes instinctively for Vindicator. But then you see Moira smiling.

Looking down, you see the meaty arms of Vinnrog clasped around you, his knuckles covered in bristly red-brown hair. He shakes you up and down like a pepper grinder.

"Bedlor! Me though you left and go away. Good to see you!...Easier when you wear purple like tulip flower!"
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »

"Bah, ye big...

Ye scared the mess out o' me ye did.

An' its much darker than a tulip be bein'. Almost a black, ye see.

Where were ye Amok? Lettin' a big one like that sneak up on me? "
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »

Vinnrog sets you down, dropping you to your feet, and spins you around with both hands on your shoulders. You see his heavy-browed face, piggish snout, and yellow teeth. Sadly, you realize he doesn't look too much different than the younger Umbridge.

Vinnrog looks at the badger, tucked in your sling.

"Hey. Badger.", the half-orc says simply, reaching his hand down to pet it. Amok snaps at the hand, clamping his teeth onto a finger three times as thick as yours.

It breaks the skin but Vinnrog doesn't even flinch as a small spurt of blood lands on the floor. Instead he chuckles and pets the badger with the other hand.

"Badger funny. It can only bite you once, then you get to pet it. ... Good badger."

"Faerun going to get prize. ... Hope it's meat. Meat good prize, huh?"
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »

"Oi, I not be knowin', Vinny. Suren' the gnome'll be gettin' more than a thick steak fer bestin' the tourney."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken
********
Posts: 9535


PCs: Faerun, Chromatic, Pin


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 05:29:30 PM »

Faerun thinks for a moment before replying in Orcish.

"Meat last for short. Good weapon or tool to get meat last longer and get you more meat."

Faerun coughs for a moment, guttural orcish being rough on the throat.
Logged

Science
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 05:34:14 PM »

The burly half-orc laughs and replies in orchish.

"True this. Not like we all going to sit around and have tea and crumpets, huh? This your big day."

Ensydious slides a bit to himself, still staring T'Ning down. You see Danyel move just slightly in T'Ning's direction, an unspoken vow to fight at his side should it come to it. Elder Sister Daphne clears her throat lightly and looks at Ensydious, warning him against violence.

Serena watches with what you believe to be a hint of amusement though you aren't sure over what. She continues quietly eating her peach.

Sir Carrigan looks over the assembly.

"These are very interesting people you know, Bedlor. I should have gotten out more often."
Logged
chrysalis
Jim Morrison
********
Posts: 4687


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »

I look at Carrigan with a smile and say, "It's good to see you looking well, sir. I'm glad you could join us."

I then look over at Serena, eating those peaches, and wonder what she is up to. {Sense Motive + 3 = 15 )}
Logged

Smile...it could be worse.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »

Serena finishes her peach, licking the sticky juice from her well-manicured fingers with her polished red nails. Whatever she may be thinking is beyond you.

Carrigan smiles back at you and bows slightly, "It is good to be out, away from grimmer scenes, and in such good company, milady."

Victor Storme looks over Carrigan. He is taking in every detail of the unusual green armor with the silver leaf & rune pattern that Carrigan wears.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!