Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 12:43:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heterochromia  (Read 13626 times)
Navarre
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »

Because I can:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1262245/Alice-Eve-actress-whos-keeping-Hollywood-toes.html
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »

On the series Life on mars, an episode featured a dead radical left wing professor with this condition and all the right wing suspects involved.  In the end the husband of a colleague was the killer, and when you finally saw their daughter in the end, she too had this condition.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Navarre
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 03:09:48 PM »

Was the suggestion that the dead professor was the father of the girl and not the man who killed him?
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »

blatantly, and the capitalist pigs did not kill the marter but a jealous husband.

Navarre
Navarre
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 02:04:23 PM »

I guess heterochromia is one of those conditions that either gets relied on as symbolic of something. Villains seems to have it more often than the hero (eg, the Goblin King in Labyrinth).

It is often ignored or even hidden with heroes. Sometimes that makes sense, as with Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns. She wore one colored contact because she was playing a character who has a single eye color.

I don't recall it being mentioned at all for Alice Eve in "She's Out of My League." I also don't recall if she wore any contacts to conceal the condition.

I would assume if two people with heterochromia had a child there would be a greater chance of the child having it?
Navarre
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 07:29:58 AM »

This isn't heterochromia but I didn't think there was enough to start a new thread for it:

This is Venus, a 3 year old chimera cat.

Chimera cat is one individual organism, but genetically its own fraternal twin. A chimera is typically formed from four parent cells (either two fertilized eggs, or two early embryos that have fused together).

When the organism forms, the cells that had already begun to develop in the separate embryos keep their original phenotypes and appearances. This means that the resulting animal is a mixture of tissues and can look like this gorgeous (but bizarre) kitty.

(Source)
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »

I saw that cat a few weeks ago and thought it was one of the coolest animals I've ever seen.  I also felt bad for the owners because supposed "experts" (meaning someone who probably owned a cat at one point in their life and assumed that meant the same as studying them) claimed that they must have abused the animal (I believe animal rights groups were called) and dyed the fur because they claimed it wasn't possible for that to happen. 

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »

The reason the Goblin King has it in Labyrinth is because david Bowie has it.

Navarre
Navarre
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »

The reason the Goblin King has it in Labyrinth is because david Bowie has it.

I don't think David Bowie has actual heterochromia, at least according to Wiki:

"Bowie received a serious injury at school in 1962 when his friend George Underwood punched him in the left eye during a fight over a girl. Doctors feared he would become blind in that eye. After a series of operations during a four-month hospitalization, his doctors determined that the damage could not be fully repaired and Bowie was left with faulty depth perception and a permanently dilated pupil. The latter condition has misled some to believe that Bowie has different coloured eyes, when in reality both irises are the same blue color."

But, yes, he does appear as if he does.

I don't see much full heterochromia, although I do see some pictures Photoshopped to given the illusion of it.
Navarre
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 11:59:37 AM »

Happy 30th birthday to Kate Bosworth!

Love those eyes!
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 12:39:34 AM »

I don't find heterochromia attractive, personally, because it feels like two people staring back at you.

Learning to cope with, interact with, please, expect from, and forgive one person is challenging enough, thanks.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Navarre
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 07:06:16 AM »

It can seem a bit unsettling sometimes.

In my Shadow War play-by-post game, my main villain was a girl with heterochromia.

Bronwyn Moonshadow of Absynthia

I admit I did that mostly because I thought it was a nice juxtaposition of cute and creepy.

Maybe people with heterochromia just need to smile more.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: