Major Spoilers Forum
July 28, 2014, 09:35:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Action Comics LoSH  (Read 7218 times)
MaximusRift
V

Oscar R. Labrador

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:05:47 PM »

I was wondering where Matt (and the rest of the spoilerite nation) stand on this representation of the LoSH.

It's definably the first LOSH and they look to be 30-ish. Any thoughts?

Visit my friends Web Comic: The World According To Geek at http://twatgeek.com/index.html
Katzedecimal
Car Insurance Gecko

kicked off the TARDIS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »

Mmm, I think this belongs in the LOSH forum downstairs, so I'll save my full thoughts until that's decided upon.   For now, though, I'll just say that the current Action Comics LOSH arc has been giving me 150% of my recommended daily allowance of OH HELL YES!!! 

"Dance without sleeping, I'll dance without fear
Dance without senses, no message I'll hear
Dance without feeling, I'll dance 'til I'm numb
Dance 'til I think I can overcome."
schleicher12000
The Grand Master
Administrator
Velociraptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 11:03:57 PM »

This is most certainly the Silver Age LoSH all grown up. 

For more on LoSH, perhaps you should listen to the next Major Spoilers Podcast (released tomorrow - march 4 - evening).

Cheesy

Stephen

Beta Ray Bill Cosby
Administrator
Snorkasaurus

Bill?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 01:04:54 AM »

This is most certainly the Silver Age LoSH all grown up. 

For more on LoSH, perhaps you should listen to the next Major Spoilers Podcast (released tomorrow - march 4 - evening).

Cheesy

Stephen

now with extra cheese!

AKA: Rodrigo
Katzedecimal
Car Insurance Gecko

kicked off the TARDIS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »

Threeboot had me despondant and Shooterboot has my eyebrow permanently arched, but this Action Comics run has me feelin' the Legion love all over again.   Especially Brainy (even though he looks like he's being played by Ron Howard) - I love how he looks like he's chewing a slug every time someone jumps the gun on him.  Seeing him try to say the W-word.... well, coincidence or not, but a blizzard roared through the day we picked up that issue  Cheesy   Speaking of blizzards, Brek for the win, nothing's keeping that fella down. 

Dawnstar: Must keep her heart elsewhere in her body, that's all I'm sayin'.
Saturn Girl: Looks good in Vril Dox's hairdo, strangely enough
Wildfire: Turned down the emo, turned up the butt-kickin'
Brainiac 5: will be forgiven for wearing fuschia with his yellow boots of butt-kicking on condition that he use the boots to kick the butt of threeboot!VrilDox 5.  This won't be difficult  Wink
Shadow Lass: Is still not wearing clothes.
Night Girl: Is wearing clothes.
Golden Boy: makes me feel icky *shudder*
Radiation Roy:  His action figures resemble.... er...... something not found in a children's toy shop *shudder*
Brainiac 5: needs a hug.  I have some to spare...
Eyeful Ethel: ye gods, this is good, they took a useless joke of a character and made her effective.  Not to mention creepy *shudder*
Rainbow Girl: figured "PMS Lass" would get her an automatic rejection slip, I figure.
Earth Man:  ...I think we have recurring-villain material here, folks  Shocked
Timber Wolf: Still bad hair, still bad-ass.
Stone Boy:  still Stone Boy but man, you just gotta love the attitude.
Brainiac 5: has been kidnapped and a mysterious letter appeared on Dan Didio's desk, demanding the restoration of Awesome!Brainy to the DCU, shortly thereafter.

The art.   Uh....  Well, I really admire the way Superman's looking like Christopher Reeve.  Brainiac 5 as Ritchie Cunningham is taking a little getting used to (got tired of blond, Brainy?) but I am ovah it and feelin' the Brainy love (it's not obvious, is it? I'm trying to keep it subtle.)   I can't put my finger on who Cosmic Boy is resembling and it's driving me crazy.  I recognize the face but I just can't place it.   However......  Man, these guys really have to lay off the caffiene!  These wide sketchy eyes and manic grins are creepy, they make me wonder if they're about to leap off the page to chew my skin off or something!  Especially in that first scene of Cos, Imra and Garth hovering in front of Clark -- they look like a troupe of vampires closing in for the kill!  Still, it's a minor thing when compared with the general awesomeness, and given their circumstances, I can understand if none of them have been sleeping well lately.

There, those are my full thoughts, minus the jumping-up-and-down and screaming "Moar! Moar! Moar!"  Grin

"Dance without sleeping, I'll dance without fear
Dance without senses, no message I'll hear
Dance without feeling, I'll dance 'til I'm numb
Dance 'til I think I can overcome."
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 03:22:09 AM »

Considering that youegged Earthman as a possible reoccuring villain, did you see the face turn?  In retrospect it was 2 years ago, but way to keep it relevent guys.  Nice seed sowing.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
syy
Egg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »

great information
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: