Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 08:54:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Avenger's Movie Thread  (Read 6441 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »

I wish you could! I'm still trying to find someone to go to the midnight showing with me.

That would be the only way I could get to the midnight showing.

I would drive up Thursday morning and crash until Sunday morning Smiley

I probably won't get to go until sometime next week. I'll have to take my kids and they do better at matinees on weekdays. But I think The Avengers movie qualifies as a "good reason" to get out of school early Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2012, 11:45:51 AM »

There should be a national holiday! After all, these guys are protecting us from Loki and his evil space army.

I kind of expect I will see the movie more than once.  Smiley
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »

I am so looking forward to this movie. Of all of the movies tied into this, Thor was the one I least liked, but even that one was enjoyable. Iron Man and Captain America both wholly captured the characters, and everything I've heard so far says that Ruffalo's Banner is absolutely amazing. The combination of those three characters and Joss Whedon's writing/directing means that I've already signed myself up for at least two viewings.

I'm going to a midnight showing of it Thursday night, and then Friday evening some friends and I are having what we call a "Multi-state movie date" which consists of myself and a several friends going to a movie at the same general time and then calling each other afterwards and discussing it (most of us are located in Indiana, but a couple friends have moved out of state and are unavailable for easy get togethers). Funnily, I'm the only guy going, but that's just an average Friday night for me.

I'll be sure to come on here and gush appropriately after watching it.
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2012, 02:17:11 AM »

So I went to a screening at midnight, packed house. I sat down with some sour patch kids and a sprite with my friends. The previews came and Batman was up got a standing ovation for it(weird). Spiderman is next standing ovation and then disney pixar stuff. When the movie was over a standing ovation full of clapping. I looked at the crowd and it was just an assortment of people. I had a thought of listening to the podcast from a couple of weeks ago about the nerd community and how big it is getting in the sense of the perception. It made me smile a bit I must admit.

So the movie was long but I didn't feel it. It was enjoyable from start to finish, it was funny and smartly written. I found the action nice and everyone got a really nice moment. I just really enjoyed myself.
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2012, 02:54:49 AM »

I've arrived back from my first viewing of The Avengers for my gushing as promised.

So many great parts. The dialogue was well paced and perfectly delivered by all involved, the flow of the action scenes was amazingly handled for the most part (there were a couple points, mainly during the Thor v Loki fight that seemed a bit jarring to me), and the visuals were stunning. Overall, it was a great movie. I'll give it an actual rating after viewing #2 tomorr... well, tonight.

Also, there was a point where I thrust a hand into the air and yelled "WHEDON!!!" It was an expected cry though. I've learned by now that it will happen at some point in a Whedon film.
Navarre
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2012, 11:01:26 PM »

I just saw it...

Oh   My   God!!!!  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

I'm seeing it again tomorrow...and the next day.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2012, 07:29:39 PM »

I just saw it...

Oh   My   God!!!!  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

I'm seeing it again tomorrow...and the next day.

So on a scale of asian twins, it was quintuplets?  Grin

I'm hoping to get a chance to see it soon.  I'm already fussy that I haven't been able to see it yet, but as I'm relying on someone else paying for my ticket (thank you, unexpected med bills) I'm stuck waiting.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Navarre
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »

Oh yeah.  Cool

I saw it in 3-D this time today. Just as good as the first time.

I'm seeing it one more time tomorrow.  Smiley
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »

Great Movie, not worth the extra 3-D bucks though.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Navarre
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »

I saw it in 3-D only because it was the only show time my friend could make to see it with me. It was really good 3-D, but I still don't like 3-D movies and avoid them at all costs (except this time).

Although when Scarlett was interrogating Loki and she was wearing those tight leather pants, now that should have been full-on 3-D.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »

Great Movie, not worth the extra 3-D bucks though.
Joss himself isn't very keen on the post production 3D-ification of the flick, but I think it is one of the better attempts.
As to the glasses, I think the actual Avengers 3D specs are pretty cool. I got the Hulk ones Smiley
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/the-avengers-3d-glasses-image.jpg

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »

It's also kinda funny that, with Avengers being double awesome and smashing box-office records and everything, that last Christmas when I asked which 2012 movie people were most looking forward to, only 1 person said Avengers. True story (https://www.facebook.com/questions/266668606719869/). That is what a well written, directed, produced and performed movie can do. Excel and defy expectations!

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »

As to the glasses, I think the actual Avengers 3D specs are pretty cool. I got the Hulk ones Smiley
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/the-avengers-3d-glasses-image.jpg

Oh how I'd love to get a pair of those for my Marvel shelf to display right between my Iron Man movie arc reactor toy and my Xavier Institute for Higher Learning diploma (from an old issue of Wizard back when it was about comics).

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »

I saw it in 3-D only because it was the only show time my friend could make to see it with me. It was really good 3-D, but I still don't like 3-D movies and avoid them at all costs (except this time).

Although when Scarlett was interrogating Loki and she was wearing those tight leather pants, now that should have been full-on 3-D.

I fully agree about the 3-D (especially that last part).

Also, this hasn't really been brought up by anyone yet, but I have something to say about Coulson's fate. I have a feeling that we actually haven't seen the last of Coulson. Maybe it is just me hoping in vain, but I don't think that the character is gone. We already know that Fury lied about the cards as a way to motivate the team, so it isn't a gigantic jump.

I was actually kind of hoping the first of the post-credit scenes was going to go something like this:

*Pan in on blood stained Captain America cards sitting on a table. A hand reaches into frame and picks one up. As the camera pans up to follow the hand, we hear Nick Fury's voice.*

"What are you doing out of the medical bay?"

*The hand continues until we can see Coulson raising the card up to examine the extent of the staining.*

"Did you have to ruin my cards to get them motivated? They were near mint."

End scene
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2012, 12:12:50 PM »

The rumor is he will be back as Vision.

I'll bring up something I haven't heard anywhere else: When Thor kidnaps Loki from the quinjet and they end up on the woods, I'm pretty sure in the first panned out scene in the woods you can see Odin's ravens flying around. I KNOW that there are birds in that scene, you can see them AND make out a call, but its at night and I don't think they were owls Smiley

Just something to watch for.

Extremes are always wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: