Major Spoilers Forum
July 25, 2014, 08:02:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 33- Focus  (Read 13626 times)
Navarre
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:46 AM »

The Shadow War

Chapter 33
Focus

Your eyes slowly drift open. You take a few minutes to linger in your bed, enjoying the much-needed respite from your tumultuous activities of late.

The Eye beams steadily in your window. You estimate it to be a little before 10 am on what looks to be a sunny and pleasant Tilling Season morning.

Bedlor, you are surprised though pleased to find that whatever Landru mixes in his tea kicks like a mule when drinking it but leaves no hangover whatsoever. It's no wonder the old gnome manages to fulfill his duties so well yet remain as jovial as he does.

You are all awake and refreshed in Room 303. The day awaits you.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:05:15 AM »

"Well by Kallum's braided beard. That Landru's razor be sharp indeed. The hair o' this dog be bald as a babe."

Extremes are always wrong.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »

"Breakfast, then? And then maybe pick up Rachel and Donovan from the library and head to the Manor to see what we can do for Valor and learn about this clock?"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »

"Aye. Sounds good to me."

Navarre
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »

You take your time freshening up for the day. Looking and feeling your best, you head for breakfast.

The common room is not quite as populated as it has been in the last few days. With the conclusion of the Tournament of Champions, many locals and visitors have also chosen to get a good night's sleep.

Heather smiles on seeing you, looking over Bedlor to make sure he is not in the state she fears. Feeling assured though, she seats you at your usual table and returns soon with many plates of food. Fried eggs, spiced potatoes, and bacon greet your senses, along with fresh apple juice and water.

Heather leans into your ears, Bedlor.

"Morning, sweetbuns. You were such a mess last night. Glad to see you shook that off."

"I've talked to Landru. He's going to convert the library into a school, with the library beign a part of it. I even have a couple of ladies who said they'd let me teach their children how to read."

"Landru said he has to make some arrangements to 'find a new home for something important' but then the school will be all mine. I'm so excited. Thanks, sweetie!"

She gives you a kiss on the cheek then, her enthusiasm vaporizing her discretion, takes your cheeks in both hands and plants a warm, affectionate kiss on your lips before hustling back into the kitchen.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 11:09:34 AM »

"Ah, that be a good thing, eh mates? Even if we be doin' nothin' else we be findin' a way fer one was lost an' a learnin' fer the urchins o' the town. A fine place be the library fer such a thing too. An might o' learnin' we be gettin' ourselves in that very place."

sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »

"I wonder why he feels the need to move H... um, the important things, ackshully... they could still live in a school, I'd think...?"

"Anyway, yes, that is excellent news."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »

"Sure'n it be the cities papers they be 'avin' in the place. Or, hohoho, maybe a new home fer Rachel, eh?

Still, Landru still seems to be full o' secrets ye be askin' me. Maybe knowin' more o' why he'd be doin' such things may be worth knowin'.

Good eggs this mornin'."

Navarre
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »

The door opens and Samm enters. He looks to Abby at the bar and smiles. He motions with his finger for her to give him a minute then approaches your table.

"Fair Day, friends. I thought you'd like to know everything has gone very well between Abby and Drade. We're closing on the armory and blacksmithy today and should be ready for business again tomorrow."

"I've decided to keep my job with the City Guard. As intrigued as I was about being my own boss, I like helping and protecting people."

"I'm going to ask Jackson if he'd take on the duties of running the armory day to day. He's a sharp lad and maybe it's as close as he should come to swinging steel."

"There's something else too...Ummm, still a bit of a secret."

"Now that I have the extra income and made a real place for myself here, I've asked Abby to marry me."

"She's said yes,"
he smiles.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »

"Congratulations, Samm!"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »

"Aye, best o' luck to ye, Samm. An' ye be makin' a wise choice in pickin' that boy to be hammerin' yer anvil."

Navarre
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »

Samm beams happily.

"Thank you both! And I agree about Jackson."

"I know his heart's set on being a warrior and, who knows, maybe a few more years will see him carrying a shield yet. But for now he needs to learn as much patience and prowess and the armory will be a good place for him to forge that, no pun intended."

"Abby and I are going to take our time until everything settles in with the new business but it's all really great news."

"I don't know if you knew but Abby doesn't have any family. I feel good I can give her that...Maybe even an addition to it in a few years,"
he grins.

"I told Drade this morning but otherwise you are the first to know."

"I don't know why, Drade seemed bothered by it. Nothing he said, just a feeling I got from him."

"I hear he's leaving town though so maybe he was just sad at leaving us, I don't know."
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 11:58:03 AM »

"Yes, the world could use some more Kaazradi..."

I don't take the bait to say anything about Drade. I know I have a knack for saying the wrong thing but even I know to steer well clear of that one.
Navarre
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »

Samm nods.

"I didn't know you knew that. Abby has such defined features no one has ever thought her more than human."

"She's told me, of course, but she said it is easier for her to go on with her life here and let people think what they will."

"It's been quiet in town this morning. Pontiff Baptiste and Elder Brother Montford have been closed up in the church, along with all the Knights from House Bragendol. I don't know what that's about."

"But I'm taking advantage of the peace to get some personal things wrapped up. I still don't have a ring for Abby and have no idea where I'm going to get the money for that."

"But that's my own problem; I just wanted you all to hear the good news from me first. You help exonerate Drade for what happened the other day and even stood by him in the arena so you've proven to me you're the kind of friends I'm grateful to have."

"Well, enjoy your breakfast. The closing ceremony of the Festival is this evening. I'm interested to see what sort of prize Faerun has won."

"I'll see you all soon. Don't get into any more trouble,"
he grins as he walks to the bar. Abby is still smiling, her pretty face flush with hope.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »

"Trouble? Us?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: