Please stop forcing OtherBucky on me.
I`m not interested in her. I`m not into her. Yet you keep bringing her around. Please stop.
People tried this in college with real girls, too. They didn`t win me over, either.
I have serious reasons why I don`t like OtherBucky.
1. OtherBucky`s history is freakishly convoluted, and I can`t identify with her because of it. She`s from the Heroes Reborn world, was once a sidekick to Cap, not that he brings it up. She got left behind, and then it became Planet Doom, and she was on a team of cool new heroes, and that actually was cool. But then she left all that and came here to be a homeless teenager fighting in the sewers. And she was part of the Onslaught Reborn thing, but I already said convoluted once.
2. OtherBucky seems to be fighting the best fit in the 616. Seriously, you want to be Bucky, but you`re not part of the Avengers, Young Avengers, or any Avenger or Captain America related product. That`s like Robin choosing a life with the Doom Patrol.
3. OtherBucky has no direction. What does this character stand for? OtherBucky is not a patriotic Bucky. I`ve read everything but the miniseries, and I still can`t tell you what this character stands for. The only recurring theme is `I left my planet, and don`t fit in this one.` Yes, that`s because it was flooded and ravaged and Doom was in control. Coming here must be such a drag.
4. OtherBucky is boring. Not funny. Not angry. No drama. Not anything. Just sort of fights, and talks about she doesn`t fit in. There`s been no supporting cast because no one wants to hang with OtherBucky. Hang on, I`ll get to Arana in a minute.
5. OtherBucky is now hanging out with OtherSpidergirl. I also didn`t get into OtherSpidergirl because I wasn`t really even reading Spider-Man until Fraction took over. So back to my point, two wrongs don`t make a right.
6. I feel jaded towards such a crappy character, when there are so many great characters out there that need more face time. And, just focusing on the female characters: She-Hulk (Law version) was awesome. The girls in Runaways are totally enjoyable to read. Shanna (Reboot version) was awesome. Marvel Divas was a guilty pleasure to read. I think of those series, and then look at OtherBucky, and I start to convulse.
7. Hey, thanks for having a current storyline where you get locked in a basement by a creepy guy that wants to keep you down there as his property. Next to the corpse of the last girl who died. If someone asked me, `Hey whatcha reading?` I`d be embarrassed to show that issue. Maybe I`d rip the pages out first, then hand over the issue.
8. As for the Young Allies series... I`m a big Gravity and Firestar fan. But that`s like putting 5.1 surround on your black and white set. I don`t see this lasting. I wish they`d make Marvel Divas a regular series instead. Don`t quote me in public on that.
In conclusion, OtherBucky is just another Jubilee. Perhaps if they drown her in fifteen other characters, maybe the blandness will go away.