Major Spoilers Forum
April 23, 2014, 10:32:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 8- Bullseye Barrage (ranged)  (Read 7117 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2010, 10:18:43 PM »

{To be continued tomorrow afternoon. Goodnight!}

{You, my friend, are an SOB Smiley}

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »

The Tribunal and Elder Brother Montford deliberate for what seems like hours. The crowd conjectures among themselves on how a tie-breaker may be resolved as you both find yourselves doing the same. Finally, Montford speaks.

"Folks! Folks, settle down. We have decided."

"As this is a contest of accuracy over range, we have decided to give each participant their best chance to hit a single target. We have had constructed a bullseye. It is in keeping with the name of the event and is no offense meant toward good Mister Drade."

"It seems our final competitors were most skilled with their throwing axes and, though wayward, metal stars. Therefore, we will place this target a mere ten feet away."

"Each competitor will receive three throws in succession. They will receive their total score based on how closely they came to the bullseye."

"The gentleman with the highest total score will win the Bullseye Barrage, Under 60' Competition and receive the sum of fifty Courtly!"

The crowd ooohs in thought of a sum more than they are likely to see in many months. Bedlor is allowed to borrow two additional throwing axes for this event only. You see the bullseye brought forth.

The midnight blue fabric with the unknown sun/moon design has been replaced with a white fabric divided into three concentric circles. There is an outer ring of red, an inner white ring, and a red bullseye. It is set before you, paced at ten feet away.

{The AC of the red outer ring is AC 10. The white inner ring is AC 15. The red bullseye is AC 20.

Each of you get three throws in succession before the other person gets their throw. You receive points based on which ring, if any, each shot landed. Whoever gets the higher total points wins. If there is a tie, the target is moved back by 10' each round until the tie is broken.}

"Each competitor will receive 1 point for striking in the outer red ring, 2 points for striking the inner white ring, and 4 points for landing their weapon in the bullseye. May the best be found!"

"First up: The Dwarven Defender, Bedlor ... Enghart!!"

The crowd cheers their newest hero as silver Shyne are changed between hands. All eyes are upon you.

{Take your three throws, Bedlor. Post all 3 and Montford will announce the points.}
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2010, 04:53:51 PM »

{1. d20+6=8
2.  d20+6=14
3.  d20+6=17}

Navarre
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2010, 05:12:41 PM »

You step to the line and take a deep breath. You have performed well in the Battle of the Blades. A chance for victory awaits you.

But this challenge has tested your skill and composure. You feel a bead of sweat trickle on your brow and you remind yourself this is all a game. The real perils of the world are still out there, waiting.

You pull back on your throwing axe, take aim, and let your weapon release. But, being new even to it, the use of the sling has thrown your aim too far.

The axe sails cleanly past the round target, bouncing bit over handle in the dirt before coming to an ignominious halt. The crowd awwws their disappointment for you.

The second throw is much better. You adjust to the weapon's weight as you heft it toward the bullseye.

You miss the center but are at least pleased to strike the target. Your axe embeds solidly in the red outer ring. The crowd applauds loudly for you, reassured of your chance for victory over the strange gnome with the "accidental" aim.

The final throw is even more true. Bolstered by your success seconds ago and coming to terms with the concept of axe throwing, you launch a powerful throw once more at the bullseye.

The bit penetrates the fabric and target in the white inner ring, bringing a cry of elation and much applause from the capacity crowd.

"Three points for Bedlor Enghart!" calls Elder Brother Montford. The City Tribunal applaud your effort and skill, Master Landru nodding vigorously.

"Bedlor Enghart has three points. Can his challenger defeat him?"

"Introducing now: The Priest from the East! I give you, T'Ning!!"

{T'ning, you're up for your 3 throws when available.}
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »

{First throw against 10' bullseye target. (1d20+1+2+1=18)}
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »

{Flurry of blows - flashy simultaneous second and third attempts against 10' bullseye target. (1d20+1+2+1-2=19, 1d20+1+2+1-2=10). Wow. Sorry Bedlor!}
Navarre
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2010, 07:34:25 PM »

Your first shuriken finds its mark with adept skill. So very near the bullseye, it slices into the white inner circle less than an inch away from your goal. But no one can doubt your ability now. The crowd jump up and down, stamping their feet in unison to urge you on.

Focusing them out, you decide to go for glory and let fly two stars at once. They both hurtle toward their target, seemingly assuring victory.

One leans to the right, looking to end up a ways downfield. Yet, by a hair, it catches in the target, sticking firm.

Its twin also finds home, sinking at the very edge of the red bullseye. So close for a moment you thought you hit dead center, you see the star strike the white ring. Success is yours.

"T'Ning wins!!"

"We have a winner, folks! In a very closely fought contest, we have seen a display of throwing power to be proud of."

"With a score of five points...Your winner of the Tier Two Ranged Event, Under 60'...and a reward of fifty Courtly: The Priest From The East! T'Ning!!!"

The crowd thunders its applause. You spy a couple of young women who wave at you, blowing you kisses, as Shynes are exchanged in your favor.

From the staging area, you hear a roar of "NING WINS! YOU DO GOOD, NING!!"

{Congratulations!!  Smiley  }
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:43:18 PM by Navarre » Logged
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »

Bedlor pats T'Ning on the back wanting to be the first to congratulate him:

"Good show, mate. I knew ye could do it. Took ye to the end o' the tunnel I did, tho. Graces to ye."

sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2010, 07:38:39 PM »

Despite my best efforts to try to look calm and dignified, I can't resist the urge to make a little jump and punch the air in victory when the second shuriken hits home. I grin broadly as I look around the cheering crowd, and then walk over to Bedlor and extend my hand to him.

"You threw with great skill, Bedlor. It was my honor to compete against you."

{I edited this post. On this particular occasion, it seems right to use Bedlor's correct name Smiley }
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:43:09 PM by sab39 » Logged
Navarre
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »

The crowd is amazed at your display, never suspecting the simultaneously launching of your stars despite the earlier incident with Umbridge. In the director's box, the Tribunal and Montford discuss the next event before it is announced.

"We will have only a short five minute break, good citizens, so we may make the most of the waning day. Do not go anywhere. The Bullseye Barrage, Over 60' event will start momentarily."

"All participants, please gather your weapons of choice and proceed to the far western end of the arena while we prepare the targets."
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »

As my gaze takes in the crowd, I spy the young ladies blowing me kisses and try to smile back at them, but only manage a rather goofy looking grin.
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

PCs: Faerun, Chromatic, Pin

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2010, 07:54:54 PM »

I remove the bayonet from my crossbow. I won't be needing it here.
"Great job T'Ning. I have some good news and bad news for you."

Science
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »

I've known Faerun long enough by now to know that I should be nervous at a proclamation like that, but I'm still on an adrenaline high and can't stop grinning.

"What's up, Faer?"
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

PCs: Faerun, Chromatic, Pin

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »

"The good news is, Jackson Forge is competing in the Brawl as a late entry."

"The bad news is...I am competing the brawl as well. Oh wait...that is just bad news for me, good news for whoever fights me...sorry?"
I grin mischievously, showing that I know all well that I will take a pounding.

Science
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2010, 08:00:47 PM »

I snort with suppressed laughter.

"I'm sure Jackson, at least, will acquit himself very well!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: