Major Spoilers Forum
July 23, 2014, 05:11:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 5- Carrigan Manor  (Read 11518 times)
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

PCs: Faerun, Chromatic, Pin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »

"Let me prove it to you."

"I have yet to look out the window, yet I can tell you that the bench on your porch is green, hung by silver chains, and is in perfect working condition. Your house is too painted green and trimmed with silver."

"Your stained glass window is completely intact and shows an image of white birds in flight."

"The lawn is neatly trimmed and behind your house you have a gazebo and stable."

Science
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 08:10:39 PM »

"I can also confirm that Faerun here could see the manor in good repair. I thought he had taken leave of his senses."
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »

"I even sat on that bench, but apparently my friends saw me fall to the ground."

Science
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »

"You know I am not lying."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:21:30 PM by Webmetz » Logged

Science
Navarre
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 08:20:48 PM »

Sir Carrigan looks almost as surprised at your response, Bedlor, as he did Faerun's question.

"Enghart?!?"

He immediately regains his composure, seeming almost amused. "Well, Bedlor Enghart. Let's just say your family and mine have been friends for a very, very long time. I hope that friendship is revived here today."

He continues, "My son, Wesley, was brought to this house as a babe. He has never known any other place. Raised here, isolated from all others, I am ashamed to say his perspective on the world and those in it has been rather skewed."

"He had taken with fits of depression as he became a young man. He wanted so desperately to enjoy the same benefits of life that all young men dream of: control...glory...love..."

"Feeling unable to find any of those things here, he left this house (quite without my knowledge at the time). He went to the one person he felt he could gain the power to have what he most desired: the person who has been both my dearest friend and mortal enemy."

"Hayden Hyde"

"The end result of this interaction has led to Wesley...taking his own life."

"My wife and adoptive daughter are devastated at this loss, as am I."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:44:18 PM by Navarre » Logged
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 08:24:37 PM »

Knowledge check on Hayden Hyde
1d20=11 {Add what modifier is appropiate. +7 for knowledge local}

Science
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 08:28:20 PM »

"How long ago was this? His leaving the house originally, I mean?"
Navarre
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 08:28:43 PM »

{Faerun, you have no recollection of the name Hayden Hyde.}
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:46:34 PM by Navarre » Logged
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 08:30:58 PM »

Knowledge Arcana on the spell on the house.
1d20+7=12
{Ouch, well Faerun doesn't know what I know}

Science
Gaumer

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »

"Kallum's hammer! If ye family be friends wit' me own then friends we be. And sure'n me heart be goin' out to ye 'bout yer son, sir, but we be knowin' ye for a cricket chirp and ye yet ta tell us why ye be callin' us 'ere. Who is this Hyde?"

Extremes are always wrong.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 08:35:33 PM »

"Sir, what exactly is this Manor Ward, anyway? Faerun said it's illusion magic, but he also thought he could break it by sitting on the swing - with amusing consequences. And I believe I was standing in and throwing sling bullets through the same room that my friends were standing in at the time, with no effect on them - at least, I don't see anyone bruised. That sounds like more than illusion to me, but I am only guessing. They don't teach magic at the Temple."
{it is written: if you don't know, ask, you might learn something}
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:37:11 PM by sab39 » Logged
Navarre
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »

Sir Carrigan continues to look at Faerun.

"Sir, as I stated, I have lived here for 15 years undetected. The ward upon this house was placed by a friend who, I dare say, possesses magics unlikely to be overcome by anyone on Ashearea."

"I sense that you are not lying. You believe what you say to be true. And, based on your description of my house as it truly appears, I do believe you. ... Yet, I have no possible explanation for such a thing. Perhaps the Manor Ward is failing after all of this time and you have seen through it somehow. Perhaps you have talent with illusions and you saw through it first. Perhaps, I know not."

He looks even more concerned now, considering the truth of Bedlor's words that his enemies may be able to see through his protections. He then replies to T'Ning's first inquiry.

"T'Ning, Wesley left this house a few months ago. He traveled to Hyde's own manor, despite how perilous that journey is."

"He returned, seemingly assured of himself and in much better spirits. But, after a few days, he became despondent again."

"It was the next morning that Enid found him...hanging from the cathedral of the foyer."

His eyes well up, filled with true heartbreak.

"That was only a few days ago. As you know, the funeral will be soon."

"So what then? Do I continue to hide here like a cowardly dog? Or do I and my family attend the funeral of...of..."

He breaks for a moment and covers his eyes with his hand, unable to continue.
Navarre
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 08:40:41 PM »

{In his grief, T'Ning, Sir Carrigan does not reply to your question about the nature of the ward.}
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »

"I'm sorry for your loss, Sir Carrigan, but I remain confused about one thing: if you and your family have lived here for fifteen years, unbeknownst to everyone in the town, and your son's death occurred inside your own hidden house, how is it possible that he would be given a funeral by townsfolk who didn't know that he existed? How did they find out of his death or know what name to announce a funeral for?"
{I'll give him a second to compose himself but T'Ning will surely return to the question of the ward when his curiosity on other points is sated}
Navarre
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »

Carrigan regards T'Ning.

"I sent my loyal and faithful butler, Gerald, out to post that flier. Wesley has to be buried and he does not deserve to buried in the basement of this house; the house he came to loathe."

"I suspect not a soul will attend this funeral. But he deserves the announcement, does he not?"

"I would have second-guessed myself, even on this, but knowing Wesley had left the Manor Ward and then returned raised the possibility that Hyde's servants may have followed."

"I sent Gerald out to obtain protection for me, for you were not the first to whom I have spoken. But, though he found some quite capable beings, it seems they have taken off with my Crowns and left me where I started."

"So when Gerald came to me and told me how you helped Drade and how you saved my bank, I knew honor was more important than might. These are the lessons I have forgotten in my life. So I sent him to request your help for me."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: