Major Spoilers Forum
August 01, 2014, 06:52:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 1810
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign OOC Thread  (Read 988184 times)
Navarre
« Reply #24900 on: February 16, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »

I could/should? have just had you guys jump from Laukordia via Maldomkin's front door back to Union Point as Liv intended. But there was a chance that wouldn't happen and my random roll said so.

So it sure isn't the campaign I was expecting (which is great) or was hoping for (which is not so great). But the trick now is to see if I can still pull a Hare out of the hat and make something work.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24901 on: February 16, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »

But randomness is such a cool part of the whole thing, presumably, for the DM as much as the players, and that element always has a chance of being epic.

I have the utmost confidence that a rabbit will be seen Wink Its so much easier to pull a hair than hare out of a hat...

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #24902 on: February 16, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »

Well, it seems there's virtually no way for the campaign to have ended as I'd hoped. It isn't specifics but the fact that the game was built on a foundation of consistency. There was a timeline of events that happened for each character and now it's been reset.

This isn't the Ashearea I spent a year creating, just some random variation of it. But it is what it is.

It seemed likely, based on game events, that there was going to be the battle to end all battles at Union Point, involving the dragons. Bronwyn would have had to be dealt with and Marcus would have come into play. The Einshar were likely going to be freed and the world was coming together under one banner.

I foresaw Union Point and West Wellington ending up under the auspices of Liv and Bedlor (in some fashion or another) with Bedlor reuniting with Heather. T'Ning and Rachel were already at peace. Vinnrog and Inoke had their lives to live together after working things out with the orcs. Moira had a bright future. etc, etc.

Right now we kind of have a "Let's get the Trust without being stabbed in the back and get the Primordial out of these statues" kind of thing but with little fulfillment for the characters involved. So I'm trying to work something out there.

Right now I have to leave for my Thursday evening meetings. But we'll still make something good out of this game. It's still going.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24903 on: February 16, 2012, 01:47:19 PM »

I see what you're saying.

It is more of a clean slate, though, allowing all sorts of possibilities. Still, I get your meaning: its like driving a street race and suddenly going off road. You just have to pit a change the tires; work the drift Wink

Navarre
« Reply #24904 on: February 16, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »

It will work out. None of us know what it will be but it will be something.

But that's how life is too, right? You try to shape it into your ideal but it almost invariably goes in a different direction. All you can do is accept where you are, appreciate it, and make the most of it.

I still need to know if any of the PCs have anything else they want to do or if it's lights-out at the site after roasting some marshmallows and listening to Vinnrog sing "Kumbayah, Uh-Huh".
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24905 on: February 16, 2012, 06:05:12 PM »

T'Ning wants to do a little talking, just trying to figure out who with and how to RP it.
Navarre
« Reply #24906 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »

"At least one of you is a traitor! Tell me who or I'll kill myself with my own flurry-of-blows!"

*everyone looks at you in silence; Jett enjoying his s'mores*
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #24907 on: February 17, 2012, 05:13:15 AM »

Tren sits there thinking, If this guys dies after just meeting him again........

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #24908 on: February 17, 2012, 08:49:57 AM »

Aw, man. Serena gets to use all my leftover characterization from Hyde, and the Moonshadows from whom he learned it.

Waaaay back in West Wellington, Donovan once made a comment about motive compelling action. He learned it from Hayden Hyde, who had in turn learned it from Bronwyn who had learned it from the Shadow Lord.
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #24909 on: February 17, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »

Well Trens done for the night.

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #24910 on: February 17, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »

Well Trens done for the night.

LOL I was kind of guessing he might be.   Wink

*random pregnancy roll...OOPS!*
Navarre
« Reply #24911 on: February 17, 2012, 11:25:01 AM »

Any reason I couldn't wrap up this chapter and move forward to the next day?
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24912 on: February 17, 2012, 11:27:44 AM »

Any reason I couldn't wrap up this chapter and move forward to the next day?

I don't see why not. Bed is pretty good right now.

Navarre
« Reply #24913 on: February 17, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »

There would be some time in the morning if anyone still needed to do anything. Alright, I'll start a workup for the next chapter then.
Navarre
« Reply #24914 on: February 17, 2012, 11:39:15 AM »

Hrrm. Actually, it looks like I would need two chapters, running concurrently, since Tren is planning on splitting off from the party.

So it would be better to wait until the party split to end the chapter and go from there.

... two chapters...two separate adventures...at the same time...  Cry
Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 1810
  Print  

Jump to: