Major Spoilers Forum
August 20, 2014, 01:30:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Books you've read more than once.  (Read 9811 times)
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy(the first book only,I could never get into the rest....please don't hurt me.... )

Don't feel bad.  I know many people who couldn't seem to read past the first one, varying from hardcore sci-fi fans to people who hardly picked up a book and so on.  The only reason I ever read the ones that I have is I had gotten from my older brother one of those collected versions with I think the first three books (might have been four, but I'm almost positive it was three), and I had a lot of time to kill in the hospital.

I do want to read the "new" one, but only to be able to say that I have (and to make an informed critique when fans bash or praise it).

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:23 AM »

I'm not fully up to speed on the Dragonlance stuff but there was;

Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night, Dragons of Spring Dawning, Dragons of Summer flame?
War, Time and Test of the twins is very good trilogy.

I think the only books I have read more than once are The Assassin books by Robin Hobb and A Song of Ice and Fire.
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »

I've re-read all 9 books in the Star Wars: X-Wing series, at least thrice each; I've re-read the Inheiritance Saga (Eragon, Eldest, Brisngir), and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I'm really looking forward to Inheiritance, Book 4 from Christopher Paolini, and The Son of Neptune, Book 2 of the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
imtheseventh
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »

Every Discworld book.  LoTR, The Crown Conspiracy (and the other books in The Riyria Revelations) by Michael Sullivan.  The Wheel of Time (I reread them whenever a new book comes out).  Several others.
Beanplate
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »

The Book Thief, which manages to make me cry worse with each subsequent reading; Lord of the Rings; Catcher in the Rye, which gets a yearly reading; and the various Red Dwarf novels.
alvenswiz
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 01:40:22 AM »

I had read "The Harry Potter" books in my teenage years.I've read some of them so many times that I've lost the count.I read each and every series of Harry Potter.I like reading it because these books are very interesting...It was like every time I read a series of Harry Potter,the curiosity to read another series used to generate itself.

Forresst
Rootwalla

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 05:53:22 PM »

I've been rereading the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson lately.  So good.  So meaty.  Mmm.

A gnome and a half-giant walk into a bar...
markdesouza
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 12:28:41 AM »

I like reading Books and Novels. W'd anyone like to share some of their books with me?

Meowzer
V

General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 06:52:04 AM »

I've been rereading the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson lately.  So good.  So meaty.  Mmm.

I suggest the Black Company series by Glen Cook if you dig Erikson.
Forresst
Rootwalla

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 07:04:02 AM »

I suggest the Black Company series by Glen Cook if you dig Erikson.

I will take you up on this suggestion sir and thank you for it!  I'm always on the lookout for good books to soak up some hours.

A gnome and a half-giant walk into a bar...
Meowzer
V

General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »

Caveat to that.. After the first 2 collections. The Black Company, and Stories of the South (Something like that).. The series goes a bit downhill.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »

Just re-read the final Eragon book because I was sick the first two times I read it.

Now I'm once more re-reading the Darth Bane novels (because of The Old Republic).

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
coolmint
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »

I loved the Harry Potter series. though the only book i could read twice was the first part. credit to my college library.
PadricMHarris
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 05:14:38 AM »

The Secret-  by Rhonda Byrne which I have read so many time. This is one of my favorite book, I do recommended it to everyone.

Rob, no not that one.
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 02:54:51 PM »

Looking at my bookshelf and excluding the excellent choices already mentioned above some of my most dog eared paperbacks are;

Wheel of time, Robert Jordan. Working my way through this classic series once again in preperation for the last volume coming out.

Altered Carbon, Richard Morgan. Old style noir crime thriller complete with femme fatale and hard bitten anti-hero cleverly updated in a moderen sci-fi dystopia full of corrupt AIs and personality uploads.

Forever War, Joe Haldeman. A stone cold classic, military sci-fi with genuine heart and imagination.

Okay, this looks bad.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: