Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 06:01:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acquisition's Inc D&D Podcast  (Read 10129 times)
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

PCs: Faerun, Chromatic, Pin

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

I just came across another DnD podcast Acquisition's Inc

It is funnt...though not as funny as Critical Hits,

You remember Splug from my Dark Awakening Adventure, well he appears in Season 1 of Acquisitions Inc. ...wait a sec....HE CAME FROM ACQUISITION'S INC! Oh wait a sec, Dark Awakening is a scenario from Acquisition's Inc.

Regardless, it is 16 episodes long so it doesn't even hold a Ghost Candle to Critical Hits.

Wait, isn't the Critical Hits Crew currently at level 3? Also, isn't the Acqusition's Inc team at level 3...not sure, I just started listening.

I would LOVE a non-canon Critical Hits/Acqusition's Inc. crossover/battle.
Eight players, 3 GMs. It would be madness.

You could ask Scott Kurtz the next time you see him.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:14:44 AM by Webmetz » Logged

Science
That Ninja
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:54:15 PM »

I dont have the link handy but there is a 3rd session, though it is not complete (I believe).
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

PCs: Faerun, Chromatic, Pin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:13:16 AM »

I am listening to it. It starts at http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4pod/20090828

My favorite image so far.

Science
J. R. Scherer
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 07:06:52 PM »

I love this podcast.  Wil Wheaton was a great addition as well.  His 'Rudy the Undead Hound' story that had one of the Penny Arcade guys fooled was damned funny.

-- J. R. Scherer
mordekin
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:11:57 AM »

Even through the adventures of Aquisition Inc have been on hiatus since the death of Will Wheaton's character.  The guys over at Penny Arcade/PvP/Starslip have started a new 4th ed podcast that takes place in the Dark Sun setting.  There are only about 3 podcasts out there now, but it is still pretty funny (but I miss Jim Darkmagic)!
J. R. Scherer
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »

There is a sequel podcast involving the epic resurrection and rescue of Aofel that you can either watch on YouTube or download via iTunes.  Fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqXqK3ZlqWI

-- J. R. Scherer
Addicted2aa
Sleestak

The myth behind the man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 07:17:09 AM »

I just came across another DnD podcast Acquisition's Inc

It is funnt...though not as funny as Critical Hits,

I would LOVE a non-canon Critical Hits/Acqusition's Inc. crossover/battle.
Eight players, 3 GMs. It would be madness.

You could ask Scott Kurtz the next time you see him.

I have to disagree on the humor aspect. I found the PennyArcade/PVP podcasts to be far and away more humorous. I found myself cracking up almost the whole time. But that's to be expected. With the exception of Chris Perkins, who actually had some great lines, theses guys are professional humorists. Wheaton maybe not as much, but he's still a professional actor.

I think the critical hit podcast is great, it provides a much clearer and more interesting narrative, explains the game better, and achieves moments of dramatic tension, which Acquisition's never comes close too. But for the most part the humorous part of critical hit is Torq followed Rodrigo getting pissed at Matthew. For straight up humor there is no comparison. I mean Penny Arcade wins hands down just using Jim Darkmagic. The name alone wins it for them.

Also I would love to see some sort of cross over. If Chris Perkins could guest DM and we could see Rodrigo as a player, that would be what I would most like to see.

Last thing, Chris Perkins did a similar game with the guys from Robot Chicken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJN1JvnRGWE
It's also up on the D&D podcast on Itunes
Beren1
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 10:55:08 AM »

I have a friend that resembles Wil Weaton at least a bit and was surprised by the big Pax episode because they play DnD identically. I mean they have almost the same voice and everything. I had to pause the video and look around for the camera or whatever had caused the san loss. Then I left my friend a voice mail where I accused him of going to Pax without me and hung up. Angry

AKA Alex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: