Major Spoilers Forum
April 24, 2014, 05:21:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 7198 times)
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »

A dance with dragons is that the book about this woman that tries to teach the audience how to see dragons?
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »

A dance with dragons is that the book about this woman that tries to teach the audience how to see dragons?

No; that's Riverdance; and that a dude; and he tries to get people to see something cool in a river of lame.

I think its a Song of Fire and Ice series book

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »

"A Dance with Dragons" is the planned fifth of seven books in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series.

I am currently rereading the first book "A GAme of Thrones", and loving it.
TheThinMan
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »

I've just finished "Ghost Story: A Novel of the Dresden Files" and was very pleased. Before that I was reading "The Wise Man's Fear" which was one of the best epic fantasy novels I've ever read (and a sequel to an equally good novel "Name of the Wind")

Gone little man so tame Rise the demon whatshisnam
Umberolt
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 06:21:41 PM »

I am in the middle of the last book in the Night Watch series by Sergei Vasilievich Lukyanenko. Pretty cool Russian urban horror/fantasy. Pretty good read, you folks should check it out.
Beanplate
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »

As is my habit, I've got about six books on the go at the moment, reading each one as my mood dictates. Of note are:

The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan - The second novel in Ryan's after-the-end take on the zombie genre. The first book, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, was pretty gripping but for some reason I read half of Dead Tossed Waves in one sitting, set it aside and barely looked back at it... None the less, the series has thus far been an interesting take on the genre.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu - Mainly reading this simply to say I have, but it is fascinating in its own right.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson - After being poked and prodded into reading it by friends and family, I'm slowly making my way through. I can only read a few pages before setting it down lately, but I'm determined to read to the end.
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »

Presently reading the published letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarts' family.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
litanyofthieves
Dr. Connors

Devious Idiot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »

Currently reading this, in the voice of the 11th Doctor. It works quite well.

Nothing is foolproof to the sufficient fool.
Forresst
Rootwalla

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:46 AM »

When I finished the last book in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, I was so sad because my favourite book series EVER is over. 

However I picked up a copy of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere a few days ago, I'm almost done it. And I got the super duper 20th anniversary edition of Shadowrun, which has a whole bunch of short stories in it interspersed with the actual game mechanics, so I've been reading those and learning the setting of Shadowrun.

A gnome and a half-giant walk into a bar...
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »

As a present for being good and not kicking the doctor for taking blood and giving me a shot (yes, I still have to be bribed because I HATE needles), I got the second book of the sequel to the Percy Jackson series, The Son of Neptune.

It's a pretty interesting series for a book aimed at kids/teens, and where the first series was almost solely about Greek mythology, the new series expands on that and explores the Roman Gods and some others. 

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Navarre
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »

One of my friends just self-published his first book.   Cool

It is a medieval fantasy set in a world he has created and used for the D&D games he has run for me and our gaming group.

It is available on Kindle from Amazon. A hard copy will be available soon.

You can read the first few chapters here.

I am always impressed at anyone that has the diligence to finish a novel. There are plenty of unfinished works lying around somewhere by would-be authors (including myself). So kudos to Ben Hawley for finishing and publishing his work.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2011, 07:20:32 PM »

Hell yeah! Good for him!

He can pub for free on Nook as well FYI

I have a half finished rough draft that never quite made it out of the second act...or into it?? I can't remember.

I should really reread that thing someday Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »

Yep. If I had the dedication to have written "Shadow War", the stories of Bedlor Enghart would be famous by now.

Samuel L. Jackson and Justin Timberlake are in talks to portray Bedlor in the upcoming film adaptation.
Rob, no not that one.
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »

Just got done with Charles Stross's latest book Apocalypse Codex good stuff for fans of Cthulhu mythos, spy thrillers, the office and computer hacking. Before that Snuff by Terry Pratchett.

Okay, this looks bad.
baxterdavid
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2014, 10:41:02 PM »

Juuust finished A Feast For Crows. This series is too incredible.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: