Major Spoilers Forum
April 17, 2014, 07:33:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fringe  (Read 3567 times)
greyman24
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »

I know it's been compared (not always favorably) to X-Files, and while there are obvious similarities, I'd say one of the areas I personally draw a comparison is how it draws you in. X-Files had sort of a slow burn to it. If you're at all like me (and who isn't?), you watched the show occasionally and were mildly interested until you realized you were watching it every week and hung on the characters' every word.

Fringe drew me in in a very similar manner.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

I was listening to Coast to Coast AM before X-Files was on. I jumped right into both series.

But, with that said, both did change quite a bit from that first season where these ideas were played up for both series.

Extremes are always wrong.
Patrick
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »

Well, I think that is enough for me to try season 1, at least.

Thanks!
relgycandy
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 12:02:53 AM »

It's sorta all that and sometimes "monster of the week" as well. I hope its coming back I haven't really checked. You need a healthy suspension of disbelief to watch it. I guess that true of everything we're discussing though.

Denver

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 02:02:30 AM »

Fringe is all finished now, as far as I am aware. It certainly put the nail in the coffin of the plot for this last series anyway.
Marvel2099
V

Spider-Man is still trying to headbutt Wolerine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 05:12:39 PM »

The final left me with more questions than answers.  The biggest one being If the Observers were changed and didn't exist. doesn't that mean that September didn't go back to save Peter and therefor the whole fringe even not taking place.  It might just be me or the fact anything with time travel storylines give me a headache.  I stayed up to watch it at the same time as America so I may also have been a bit tired when I first watched it.

So it's all over and unlike most of the other shows, it actually ended. I still can't believe how some shows end on cliff-hangers and there isn't another series to show the outcome.

If I had the powers of Multiple Man, I would send one of the dupes to work, one to revise, one to clean my room and one to walk the dog.  While I would stay at home reading comics.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: